About Me

My photo
I am hitting some sort of mid life epiphany (almost 40!). I realize that I have been living in a bubble and I am trying to come out of it a little bit. I work in a major urban hospital full-time and my husband is a stay at home dad to our two wonderful children (Daniel age 6 and Amelia age 4). I absolutely love my life and all the richness of it and look forward to learning new things, meeting new people and taking new adventures.

Girls just hang'n

Girls just hang'n

Joyce Ann

Joyce Ann
A birthday Annie for my mom

Jenny and dolly

Jenny and dolly
This is the first doll I have ever sold. A co-worker asked me to make a doll for her daughter's nineth birthday. Normally I am not a big fan of selling my stuff. I always have fun making dolls, and it was fun to make some money too.

Prim Annie for Amelia

Prim Annie for Amelia
I made this Annie using a pattern I bought through www.raggedyoldannies.com - I absolutely love her! Amelia loves her too. Amelia named her "raggy". I know I have essentially three pictures of the same doll - but hey I think she is too cute for one picture.

Catalina and Camelia w/ bunny

Catalina and Camelia w/ bunny
I made these two dolls for sisters (friends of my daughter) who celebrated their birthday not too long ago (Feb. 08). The eyes are painted - first time I have done this - because one of the girls just turned 2 and I didn't want to use button eyes. The outfits are not coffee stained - because I knew the girls would appreciate the pure pinkness. I made two bunnies - and I completely changed the nose on this bunny after I took the picture - I will post an updated bunny picture. The doll and bunny pattern is from Sweet Meadow Farms. I am making a set of these dolls for myself - complete with grubby-pink-coffee-stained outfits. I really like the painted eyes, but this picture doesn't capture how cool they truly are.

Bunny friends

Bunny friends

Close up of Camelia and a bunny

Close up of Camelia and a bunny

Catalina and her bunny

Catalina and her bunny

Bunches of love

Bunches of love

Green fairy

Green fairy
This is before I added all the beads to her wings

Birthday Fairy

Birthday Fairy

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Slideshow of Fairies

No comments:

Pink & green together

Pink & green together
Some thing funky is happening to Ribbits lips

Blue and Yellow Bunny

Blue and Yellow Bunny
Button eyes - not for baby

Bears and Bunnies

Bears and Bunnies
These cuties are also made from a free pattern I got from Missy Ballance (see Amelia's Googoo)

Lil' Ginger

Lil' Ginger
Idea borrowed from Missy Ballance doll we bought at a craft fair last Decmember

Little party animals

Little party animals
My daughter gave these little guys out as party favors at her fourth birthday party